Friday 14 June 2019

Eversor Assassin - Painting the evil little blighter!

The finished model. See more pics and find out how I painted him/her/it below...

The finished Eversor Assassin


Hi all,

Absence (Hopefully makes your hearts grow fonder!)
It's certainly been a while since we posted on here as this time of year tends to explode with activity in our workplaces, with children and all the activities that we participate in. For me personally Scouts is going crazy as I have been leading on a camp for 3000 children(!) and am now in the process of planning a camp for the Beavers (6-8 year olds) in our group. Also school (yes I am a teacher) is always nuts at this time of year with exams, the Duke of Edinburgh Award expeditions, of which I am a co-ordinator and expedition assessor and lots of school projects coming to a close. Lastly my kids are doing everything it seems! All sorts of activities in the evenings after school are needing taxi services and encouragement. This is all positive stuff though so I certainly can't complain, it just doesn't leave much time for any Warhammer.

What have I managed?
Necromunda
However, I have been able to get in some hobby time as Steve and I have somehow played 2 games of Necromunda in a week. Steve's pitted his Escher gang against my Orlocks twice - once on the last of the board missions from the book and the second time on a 3D terrain table for the first time.
"CHARGE!"

"Zeke's down, Cover him!!"

This was exciting as it opened up a whole new set of rules questions but looked awesome and has made me fall in love with the game on a totally new level. It has also made me realise just how much terrain you need for a full game of Necromunda and how much I need to order some more magnets and get my backside in gear with my Mantic Terrain Crate Project!!
Assassins
Also I finally decided I was going to get some Assassins! I have always wanted these guys as they look so cool and add massive flavour to the game and so I finally got myself an Eversor and a Vindicare assassin.
The dream team

In this post I am going to quickly note through the paints I used for my Eversor assassin.

Step 1 - Metal areas
Base - Leadbelcher
Wash - Nuln Oil
Highlight - Mithril Silver (Old, Old paint!!)




Step 2 - Bronze & Gold Metal
Base - Dwarf Bronze
Wash - Agrax Earthshade
Highlight - Mithril Silver


Step 3 - Red areas - Armour Plates
I decided to use red to break up the model and give it some warmth
Base - Mechrite Red
Wash - Carroburg Crimson
Highlight 1 - Blood Red
Highlight 2 - Mix Blood Red and Ceramite White



Step 4 - Leather pouches
Base - Scorched Brown
Wash - Agrax Earthshade
Highlight - Graveyard Earth





Step 5 - Skull
Base - Ulthuan Grey
Wash - Reikland Fleshshade
Highlight - Ushabti Bone








Step 6 - Suit
Highlight 1 - Adeptus Battlegrey
Highlight 2 - Fenrisian Grey
Note: I redid the suit as I had highlighted too many areas and it looked too busy. Hence the number of pics - but they are different I promise!!



Step 7 - Gun/Sword Casing
Highlight 1 - Dawnstone
HIghlight 2 - Ulthuan Grey




Step 8 - Poison and Vials
Base - Catachan green
Highlight 1 - Warpstone Glow
Highlight 2 - Nurgling Green
Wash - Biel Tan Green

Step 9 - Eyes, Sensor array, Scope
Base - Enchanted Blue
Highlight 1 - Ice Blue
Highlight 2 - Ceramite White







Step 10 - Base

- I sanded the base and then painted the base part Dawnstone, washed with Nuln oil and drybrushed Dawnstone and then Ulthuan Grey.
- Next I painted the Lower part of the base Ulthuan Grey, Washed with Agrax Earthshade and Drybrushed Ulthuan Grey.
- I then painted the top part of the base...
Metal - Leadbelcher, Nuln Oil, MIthril Silver
Top part - Steel Legion Drab, Agrax Earthshade, Drybrush Ulthuan Grey








I hope that you like the model and method. I really enjoyed painting it.

See you all soon and let me know what you think.

All the best
James


fourdadsoftheapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk – A blog about Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy by four Dads

3 comments:

  1. Nice post. I really enjoy reading it. Very instructive, keep on writing.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post.thank you so much.Love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Clipping Path! Appreciate the comments. The blog has been on hold for a bit recently as all four dads have been letting life get in the way! Will be back on it soon though!

    ReplyDelete