Friday 12 February 2016

Forge World Friday - 12/02/16 - Shattered Legions Arrive

Oh my, I have been waiting for this for a while now. Not as much as I have been waiting for the Vlka Fenryka to arrive, but this is a good conciliation prize until that day comes...

Horus Heresy Book 6 - Retribution is finally with us.

 The Horus Heresy Book Six - Retribution

The things we heard about this book from the HH weekender last week were all good in my opinion:
loyal traitors - check,
traitor loyalists - check,
Dark Angels, Blood Angels, White Scars - check

The bundles that FW have put together are pretty cool too, and not all loyalist either, demonstrating that 'Shattered' forces can be traitor too: Example bundle

Survivors of Isstvan Shattered Legion Force
Note, this image also confirms that Mk7 jump packs are acceptable in the 31st Millennium :-)

Us Dads are thinking of putting together a team Shattered Legion army. That way we all get to paint something individually that we can then play together. We all have our favourite armies and weapons so I imagine the force will be pretty eclectic. But that's allowed with this book. It's a truly liberating way to collect.

Personally I'm using it as an excuse to paint things I wouldn't usually paint, like Salamanders, World Eaters and Emperor's Children I have never painted green, white or purple marines before!

I'm just annoyed it's not out until the 19th February, means I can't pick it up next week during my visit to Warhammer World :-(

We'll be sure to keep you posted with what we're doing, but in the mean time, please let us know your plans for a Shattered Legions force.

Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment