Saturday 2 April 2016

More than just models

Hey there. Not a long post this one...

As I shared in my previous post, me and the good lady are currently uncluttering the house, and unpacking all the boxes that haven't seen light of day since we started our epic quest to move back to Nottingham nearly 2 years ago.

And man, are we finding gold in there! haha

I just wanted to share this with you. It's a piece of art that my brother in law did for me a couple of years ago for Christmas. It's an ink on canvas, based on a photo but drawn by hand. It's a bit bigger than A4. I think I need a frame for it.

What do you think? I think it's awesome and am so glad we've got it out of the back room (even if we haven't found a permanent home for it yet).

It's based on a photo of my favourite miniature, below, which he took at Warhammer World when we went to play a game.
 

I just wanted to share that. It was such a personal present I am still blown away by it.

Also, I'm not here to sell things (and I'm not even sure Darran sells his art or just gives it as a gift) but if you fancied trying to commission him to do something similar for you, get in touch on Twitter and I'll put you in contact with him (@davetgent).

Anyway, they say art is there to be shared so I hope you enjoyed looking at this.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment