Tuesday 27 September 2016

Of Wolves and Witches....

I'm a massive Space Wolves fan, and I also have a fondness for the Thousand Sons (they were always loyal! Curse you Horus...), so with all the recent leaks, I am getting very excited for the last part of 2016.

In anticipation, I thought I'd map out what we have seen to date and what we know/think is coming!

Lets start early this year, when Forge World unveiled their Leman Russ WIP. Were we excited? Yes we were. Look at him! At this point in time I didn't realise that he was holding the Spear of Russ as well as his mighty sword. I bet Magnus is chuckling at that somewhere in the Warp. In The Battle of the Fang, it is revealed that Russ actually hated that spear...

Image result for leman russ, forge world

Drip drip drip through the rest of the year and we've had both Space Wolves and Thousand Sons shoulder pads and transfer sheets. We've also had some Thousand Sons helmets and a Thousand Sons Contemptor dreadnought, which I was a bit surprised about. We had seen no rumours before this bad boy dropped! But still, its appearance stoked the fires further...

Thousand Sons Contemptor Dreadnought
I love the metallic red paint scheme that FW have chosen for the Thousand Sons, it sets them apart from other red-armoured marines such as Blood Angels and Word Bearers. Unfortunately, without an airbrush I'm not sure I can replicate it, which is a shame.

Then this guy popped up on eBay...
Image result for thousand sons sorcerer, ebay
There's speculation as to who it actually is, but my money is on a generic sorcerer. I imagine FW will want to do Ahriman in resin, as with the rest of the character series.

More recently we got a picture of a completed Russ. He really does look good. I notice that his armour is akin to Mk6 and he has the legion icon on his right shoulder pad. This may go some way to explaining why many of the legion icons on the Space Wolves transfer sheet are geared up for right-handed pads. Maybe there is a predominance of Mk6 armour in the legion? Back in Second Edition, the Wolves were generally modelled as having Mk6 (which is probably why I love it so much). We will have to wait and see...
Image result for leman russ, forge world

From the braided hair to the dynamic pose, this guy is a space Viking through and through. I also imagine he gets angry and eats people who refer to him as a space Viking...
There is a small part of me that wishes his pose was more like that on the cover of Prospero Burns; brooding, but I like the pose never the less.

Image result for prospero burns

Lastly we have the leaked cover of November's White Dwarf, and isn't that a wet dream in paper format?! Wolves, Sons, plastic tartaros terminators, plastic Mk2 armour... man oh man I cannot wait for this.



Now, you'll have to excuse me. I'm just on my way to sell a couple of body parts to raise cash for this lot...

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment