Friday 18 November 2016

A week in the world of hobbying


The only thing I have been working on this week is Leman Russ... but he's done! And I think I've done him some sort of justice. I'll take some proper photos over the weekend and post them up.

So, most of my hobby time this week has been reading "Eye of Terra", which is a fantastic read. for those that don't know, it's a collection of short stories, which is the best kind of reading for me these days. I can read a story at a time, rather than start a novel to then not read it for two weeks and forget where I'm at. I've read some of the stories in there before, but it was good to read Aurelian again, and Master of the First is one of my favourites in there. If you're a fan of 30k, go get it.
Book 35: Eye of Terra

The rest of my hobby time has involved updating my gallery and surfing the net for interesting hobby-related articles, and man, have Games Workshop upped their game, releasing the Warhammer Community blog. I like it. I like it a lot. a one stop shop for all of their official (and rumoured) hobby news.

On there are links to the other websites that Games Workshop have been creating recently, such as the Regimental Standard. If you've not read that, go check it out, it's quite funny. I think I read on Twitter or Reddit someone say that it if it wasn't for the community, 40k would just be any other game. And I absolutely agree with that statement. We might be living in a golden time of community outreach from Games Workshop HQ but the community, and the richness of the hobby universe it has sprung from, has always been there in some form or another, which is what has kept me in the hobby I guess.

the only thing left for me to do this week is prepare for the game I'm playing at Warhammer World on Sunday. Need to just finalise that super awesome army list that is sure to see me defeated at least once on the say...



fourdadsoftheapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk – A blog about Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy by four Dads

No comments:

Post a Comment