Saturday 24 December 2016

Death Company Chaplain - Based & Finished!

My favourite model to date is finally finished!!

Stage 7
After completing the highlights it actually took me ages to do the easy bit - the base.
I actually hate basing my mini's - I know it adds to the model but in my mind it's not the model.
Anyway my Astra Militarum army The Emperor's Feth (Check out my gallery page here) are all on urban bases and so to match up the two armies I am following suit with my Flesh Tearers. Because I have an issue with bases I keep them simple so I used sand and bits or insulation foam and stuck them to the base with PVA glue. I then painted the whole base with Dawnstone and painted the pieces of brick with Scab Red (Khorne Red) and Bleached Bone (Ashabti Bone). After a wash of Agrax Earthshade I highlighted the brick with a mix of Scab red and white and drybrushed the grey parts with Dawnstone and Administratum Grey. Finally I Painted the Outside edge of the base Dawnstone.

And done! Love this model. The details are incredible and the pose and look of the model is just perfect. Can't wait to get him on the battlefield now. Let me know what you think, here are some more pics...

James

fourdadsoftheapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk – A blog about Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy by four Dads

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Rory. At last he's done and boy did it take a while!

    ReplyDelete