Tuesday 20 December 2016

Death Company Chaplain Progress - Update 4 - Highlighting

This was how I left my chaplain at the end of the last post (Here).
 At this point I had completed all of the base colours and washes and highlighted the wings of the jump pack.

I was now at the part of the process I had been dreading - the highlights!!!


Stage 6
The main highlights on this model were the red and black. I used a fine brush and just about had a steady enough hand!!
For the red I used mephiston red and mixed it with a little white to lighten it and give it a slight pink look. I have found that this always works well with the darkened red caused by the wash. I highlighted all of the red on the model - the muscle fibres & gun casing. I have to say I was really pleased with how the muscle fibres turned out.
For the black I simply used Dawnstone. Now I have never highlighted black before so I was a little nervous about this....Anyway I got to work and blimey there was a lot of detail on this guy!!! Took ages but I focused on each section of the model, finished it, had a break then moved onto the next section. Eventually I completed it and the result is below:

I am really pleased with how the highlights came out as it took a lot of effort and time. What do you think? Let me know in the comments section below.

James



fourdadsoftheapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk – A blog about Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy by four Dads

4 comments:

  1. Quit teasing us and show us the model altogether! It is looking real well so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Haven't finished it yet! Tomorrow is my goal. That is if I finish cleaning the house ready for Christmas...

      Delete