Friday 26 October 2018

Necromunda bases for my Orlock gang and an update on hobby (lack of) progress!

Hi all,

It's been a rough few months for hobby progress in dad lad I'm afraid. Rich has been away across the world with work for most of the summer, Steve has young twins who are getting to the age where they are running around and going to nursery parties all weekend, Dave has had a new baby (congrats mate!!) and I (James) have been away on holiday for most of the summer (School hols) and have now been thrown back into lots of school work at the start of the academic year!!

Aside from managing a couple of games of Necromunda with Steve there really has been nothing going on. However, last Sunday (it's now Friday) I managed to break my ankle playing football and so after a week off work have actually made some hobby progress!!! (Every cloud...)
The big foot!!

Seeing as I haven't painted anything for a while I thought I'd ease myself back in and start with some bases. My Orlocks have been coming on quite well, although I messed up the faces somewhat, and I'll share those in a future post. The colour scheme I chose was the standard blue scheme although fairly muted and dark to fit in with the game. Looking at the models I needed something on the bases to fit with the underworldy theme but with some brightness to contrast against the darkness of the models themselves. Flipping through youtube videos I found this one:


and really liked the toxic waste style and colour so I thought I would give it a go.

My effort on toxic gooey bases
I only used the idea for the style of the bases from the video as I had none of the paints Rob used but it was fairly easy to get a good effect and I am super pleased with the results. I'll finish off my Orlocks and stick them on to show the completed models in a future post.
Let me know what you think and if you have painted bases in a similar style.

All the best

James


fourdadsoftheapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk – A blog about Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy by four Dads

2 comments:

  1. The bases look smashing buddy, awesome work ! And get better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carl, appreciate it and thanks for the well wishes.

    ReplyDelete