Monday 19 September 2016

Space Wolves Transfer Sheets Review

Hello!

As you may know, I have been waiting for the Space Wolves Legion transfers to be released for about... 2 years! And now they're finally here I thought I better let you know what I think (whether you actually want to know or not...).
 Space Wolves Legion Transfer Sheet
I love the Viking-style unit markings. I'm not 100% convinced by the choice of colours. Space Wolves are grey so having red icons is great, but here are many on there that are almost a grey-black so they don't show up that well, if I'm honest. The banner decals look great and I'm looking forward to using those.

I saw how they were used on the army on display at the FW open day this year, so have some good ideas. In particular the way they were applied to the Leviathan dreadnought instantly made me want to buy a Leviathan so I can do something similar!

One of the observations made online has been that the majority of the power armour Legion icons are geared towards being applied to the right hand shoulder pad, not the left. I hadn't noticed this initially, and am not that fussed because if I run out of lefties, I'll just flip the righties, like I do with other transfers. However, I thought I'd ask FW for the 'official' view, and this is what I got back:

"Knowing the space wolves they tend to put effort into being different, During the heresy the chapters were not found and units were not really marked as they are in 40k, as a mass production line marine were churned out as quickly as they could be made to bolster the ever dwindling number through casualties. Legion Icons were seen in a number of positions around the legions but again not many unit markings unless they were a specific unit with honours"

As I say, I'm not that fussed, and I have a lot of Mk5 and 6 armour in my force. I just love me a studded left shoulder pad!

Using them, they are great. The latest FW transfers off the line are fantastic with nice, thin backing material, and not too much excess beyond the actual icon (similar to the latest GW Space Wolves transfer sheet, which are equally as good). I've used a few of these transfers to date but am keeping that under wraps for now.

Let me know what you think!

Dave

fourdadsoftheapocalypse.blogspot.com – A blog about Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy by four Dads

No comments:

Post a Comment