Wednesday 19 October 2016

Progress - 19/10/2016

I must admit, it's been quiet here at Dad HQ. No one has really made any progress on anything this last week.

Yesterday I took the day off. I needed a day off after the last couple of weeks (5 birthday parties in 6 weeks! My toddler has a better social life than me!!). I decided to head over to Warhammer World and do some painting (as per the above, with a toddler at home, finding a quiet space for some time to myself for a couple of hours just ain't gonna happen). GW HQ is only 10 minutes from my house so shifting my painting tray there for the day isn't really a hardship.

Unfortunately, the lighting wasn't really that great. the painting desks are lined up against the edge of the main hall, so as you sit there, your body is between the lights and the desk, so whatever you're painting is in shadow. If you're reading this Warhammer World, please turn these desks around. No only will the light be better, but you can then watch what's going on around the hall whilst you paint. I know we're all geeks but we don't need to always sit with our backs to the crowd :-)

As a result, I didn't get much done at all on my Fellblade and Rhino

 
 
I'm thinking these are the last two things I'm going to get finished before Christmas. If I get time I'll also rebase my Landspeeders and Storm Eagle, so hat I can quickly tick another two units off the list.
 
That said, I'm also eagerly awaiting the release of Leman Russ and the Burning of Prospero this month. I really cannot wait to get my hands on Russ! As for the guys in the box set, I've decided to turn them all in to Boarding Marines, but am awaiting the re-release of the boarding shields (I'm wondering if they'll just make these out of plastic? They are pretty simple to do).
 
So, that's about it from us this week. Come back soon for a first look at Russ and the new boxed game. I'll do a review as soon as they are in my hands.
 
Dave 

4 comments:

  1. Our kids always seem to have a lot more on than us don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! Apparently that doesn't stop as they get older? Just looking forward to the day when I can pack them off to cub camp! :-)

      Delete
    2. My Wife is the Beaver leader mine go off with ha

      Delete
  2. I'm a beaver leader too Rory. One daughter is in cubs, the other in scouts so we're always off camping leaving the wife behind!! Should be the other way around!!

    ReplyDelete