Monday 24 October 2016

The Wolves are... nearly here!

Well well well, it was a big weekend in Horus Heresy Land, especially for me with Leman Russ and the Burning of Prospero box coming along.

I've got my pre-order in, like everyone else I imagine, and I've booked Monday off. I don't usually get a day to myself but have been meaning to take one for a couple of weeks, so this is great timing!

My plan is to get Russ himself washed, stuck together and then at least base coated. I'm thinking of adding a couple of conversions to the model, if only because I imagine half the world will be buying this one and I want mine to look a little different. Any suggestions?

Look at this miniature though, how nice is that?!
Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves

I'll also be picking up the Burning of Prospero. I think I will be turning all of those Mk3 models in to Boarding marines, I want two squads of those in my army in total. The terminators I am hoping to swap with Dad Rich for his Cataphractii from Betrayal at Calth. If not, I actually kinda like them so may keep them or eBay them (I prefer the Cataphractii armour myself).

I do have one question, you could say it's a 'burning' question (we're dads, I can tell dad jokes...)
Is this guy the first 28mm scale space marine to have eyebrows sculpted on him?!

The Horus Heresy: Burning of Prospero
It won't really matter to me though as I'll be switching his head out for a helmet (I just can't do bare heads justice...).

That's it from me, just a short one today. Have you got your pre-orders in? What are your plans for the box set? Let us know in the comments below.


fourdadsoftheapocalypse.blogspot.com – A blog about Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy by four Dads

No comments:

Post a Comment