Monday 5 December 2016

Sector Imperialis Large Basing Kit - Review

Regular readers will know that I've been on a bit of a mission to re-base my army. Last week I finished some terminators and realised that, man, the bases just look a bit empty. Things like that bug me.

So I headed off to Warhammer World to get some grassy tufty bits. I thought these might fill some space. But after chatting to the guy in the store he suggested getting the Sector Imperialis basing kit. I took a look and thought "why not", looks better than grass...

Then I remembered there was some bad reviews about these kits, the details not being very crisp and quality poor. I picked them up any way, what have I got to loose?




So what are my first opinions? There's a lot of variety, 4 sprues (2 copies of 2), with plenty of variety in size. And they are easy to chop up and combine with each other.


The quality does seem a bit shoddy to be honest and the details don't seem very crisp. That's probably my only criticism.

On the whole, as I say, there's a lot of variety. And on the face of it, the quality does seem a bit off. But then I figured that actually the flatness of the detail isn't a bad thing because when it comes to sticking things to the details you don't want a load of raised bobbly bits which would lead to a weak bond.


So, how do they look? Well, I haven't painted them up yet but I like the way they look. They really add something to the bases, and even if the detail is a bit flat, the attention is on the miniature anyway, these just liven up the bases a bit.






fourdadsoftheapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk – A blog about Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy by four Dads

2 comments:

  1. It does seem like a good mix of bits, though do they all just sit flat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some do but some have a slight slope so I guess when I put some texture paint or sand down it will look like they are buried.

      Delete