Friday 31 March 2017

Flesh Tearers Death Company Progress Update

Not a great deal has been happened in 4 Dads town of recent times. Work has been taking over our lives and even the whatsapp conversations have been declined over the last few weeks.

At last I have been able to begin expanding my death company after much consideration about bigger squads and better weapons following my drubbing against nurgle (see this post).

So here I have a little progress to show as I have sprued and glued 6 more marines and a bunch of arms ready to go. I have also basecoated them white - I choose to paint 7-8 thin layers of white rather than spray them. I don't know why, I have always done this even though it takes much longer!
Flesh Tearers Death Company Progress Update
I have prepped up some plasma pistols to go on the marines but actually on reflection I may replace them with Infernus pistols. They are shorter range but with jump packs that shouldn't be a problem and gives me the option of attacking armour or infantry in a fight.

Also I have put together a death company dreadnought which has been basecoated and washed with nuln oil. As you can see I am, panel by panel, going back over the dread with white leaving the recesses dark. This is something I will do with the marines as well which is time consuming but ends with a really good look in my opinion.
Flesh Tearers Death Company Progress Update
As you may realise my Death Company are white instead of black. I much prefer white and seee it as try ing to gain ascension in the name of glory rather than running headlong into a fight to die. Also they stand out really well on the tabletop!!!

Hopefully i'll get more work done on these guys in the Easter holidays and get another update out pronto. Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas on how to get them out by all means share in the comments below.

All the best,
James

fourdadsoftheapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk – A blog about Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy by four Dads

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. I'm off from the 6th to the 16th if you fancy another kicking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes mate definitely - your dirty Nurglings need cleansing by the Astra Militarum!!

    ReplyDelete